"I just know that if you want to write and don't because you don't feel wothy enough or able enough, NOT writing will eventually begin to erase who you are." Louise De Salvo, Writing As a Way of Healing







Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mackenzie Kay's Poetry Debut, "Look at the Stars"

My daughter, Mackenzie Kay, age 10, found a discarded ancient laptop and adopted it as her own. It has no internet capabilities and no battery life. The one thing it does have, besides Solitaire, is Word. She recently began typing out her own stories and poems. Today, she asked me to type them up on my laptop so that she could print them off and bring them to school for her English teacher. When I read this poem, I was so proud, I had to share with all of you. (FYI - I helped her tweak one line that she didn't like - not telling which line - the rest is all her).


LOOK AT THE STARS, by Mackenzie Kay Gibson

Look at the stars and how they shine,
They light up the night,
I wish they were mine.

Look at the stars and how they twinkle,
I love them so much,
They’re like silver sprinkles.

Look at the stars and how they’re so bright,
They dance with moon,
Ohh, what a sight.

Look at the stars and how they end,
Up comes the sun,
I can’t wait to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment