"I just know that if you want to write and don't because you don't feel wothy enough or able enough, NOT writing will eventually begin to erase who you are." Louise De Salvo, Writing As a Way of Healing







Monday, September 10, 2012

God, the Author of our Lives

Yesterday I posted on Facebook, "Starting to read the last book in a series I've loved...I'm anxious...what if it doesn't end the way I want it to??" 

You ever have that experience? You're almost afraid to read on/to get to the end. What if it's not the fairy tale ending, the guy doesn't get the girl? What if the author chooses to kill off every single one of the characters in some deep lesson in social immorality? 

Well, my curiosity finally prevailed against any angst I had (those who devoured the third book of the Hunger Games can relate). Staying up till 1am - on a school night- I read finished NEVERMORE (part of the Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson). And I am sooo glad I did! The ending was better than I could have ever created! (SPOILER ALERT) She ended up living somewhat happily ever after, with her best friend-turned boyfriend by her side and all the flying mutant wolves destroyed. It was one of those moments where you just want to hug the book and shake hands with the author. Kudos, James Patterson!

This morning I was thinking about God as the author of our lives. How many times does my fear of the unknown keep me from the story He has written for me. "If I take this step of faith, what if it doesn't end up the way I want it to?" 

Guess what, friends. It won't. It'll end way BETTER than you ever could have imagined. He is the ultimate creator and knows our needs better than we do. Unfortunately, there will be brokenness and heartache along the way - you may not get the girl in the end. But when we follow His direction take His path, He leads us on a journey we could have never planned for, yet, so much more than we deserve. I am constantly amazed! And some day we will all have our happily ever after forever. Kudos, My Lord!



No comments:

Post a Comment